Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Hinge Mary Hinge is offline

Default 'polycool - Solar Control Inserts'

Andy,

The OP expressed an interest in purchasing from Polycool, possibly
because they do not wish to self-install. I was merely relaying
information that may be of use to them.

In this instance the 30% off seems reasonably genuine, in my case they
had previously quoted and if I was prepared to purchase during a slack
period (not many people out there looking to cool their conservatory in
November I would imagine) then a 30% reduction would be applicable to
my previous quote. In the end I went to CA supply as they were still
the cheapest (just).

My impression of Polycool is that it is a one-man operation so maybe
Mrs Polycool insists Mr Polycool offers a reasonable discount in the
quieter months so that Mr Polycool isn't hanging around the house all
the time getting under her feet and messing up the carpets.

Of course you could argue that it's more a case of pay 30% more in the
summer, but then again that might not be best thing to do from the
marketing standpoint.

It should be noted that if you are prepared to self-install then
http://www.casupply.co.uk offer the best price *all year round* for the
same product. Marvellous.

Regards,

MH