Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Water pressure

John Rumm wrote:
Frank McGuire wrote:

It might sound a silly question, but -
If I connect a pressure gauge to the cold water tap in the kitchen
sink and turn the tap on full, will that give me a measure of the
mains water pressure?

It will, but that does not actually tell you much of use (other than you
have enough static pressure to exceed the minimum required by the boiler
(often 1 bar).

The kitchen is on the ground floor and fed directly from the mains.
(I don't want to spend 」2000) on a combi boiler only to find it won't
work!

But are you fitting the boiler in the kitchen? NB if you're fitting it
upstairs, say, the flow rates could, and probably will, be very different...

David