Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.trade.plumbing,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT is offline

Default Question about water pressure in relation to valve and feederpipe diameters...

Ken Moiarty wrote:
All three showers in the house have less pressure than what I prefer to
have. I have already seen to it that there are no "water savers" in any of
my showers. Open any faucet in my house and the water is on the
slow-flowing side. I believe this is due to (in addition to the 1/4 inch
pvc pipe used below sink faucets) the local water main pressure being
somewhat on the low side. Having the pressure regulator in my house cranked
to maximum, I have checked the water pressure at an outside faucet (when no
other taps/valves were open in or around the house) and found it to be in
the lower part of the typical range. (It's been a while since I did this,
so I don't recall the exact psi reading.)

Ken

Ken
The presence of a pressure regulator is a useful clue. Those are not
usually installed on systems were the pressure from the water main is
low but rather were it is to high for ordinary plumbing to withstand.
It is sometimes true that a builder will go cheap on the regulator
itself and it will not be sized for an adequate flow.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.