Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian White Ian White is offline

Default Holding threaded rod in a vise

Matty F wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Dave wrote:
Matty F wrote:

What is the recommended way to hold threaded galvanised steel rod in
a vise

The word you want is vice

Dave

No he doesn't...He's a yank.

Or possibly a Kiwi. :-)

Yes a Kiwi, and thus I can pick and choose whatever spelling I like,
but usually British spelling unless I'm talking to lots of Yanks

I decided to spell it as vise because vice has lots of other meanings,
e.g.:
1. an immoral or evil habit or practice.
2. immoral conduct; depraved or degrading behavior: a life of vice.
3. sexual immorality, esp. prostitution.
4. a particular form of depravity.

If any of the those other meanings involve cutting 400 lengths of 5/8in
threaded galvanised steel rod, please provide explicit details.

On behalf of the lurkers, thanks for all the suggestions - they will
help many people besides Matty.

--
Ian White