Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Phone wiring question: RJ11 to RJ45

Reed spake thus:

The confirmed number of people in the known universe who are offended at
the LAN world's usurpation of the RJ-XX terminology now stands at 2. Me
and Bob.

Keep up the good fight Bob. We shall overcome someday.

Now, about the word "modem"; but ... that's another fight for another day

--Reed (old modem jockey)

So, I'm curious: does a modem to you mean a big box with a cable coming
out of it that has a cradle for a telephone receiver? I remember those
from my school daze ...

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority."