Posted to alt.home.repair
Sasha Sasha is offline

Default Buying granit countertop

I am ready to buy granit countertop for my kitchen. I have several
questions.

1. My kitchen countertops are not continues. In fact I have three
independent countertop areas, none is exact whole number of sqft. How
sqft are calculated? Are they calculated total in square inches and
then dividied by 144 to get sqft?

2. Priced advertised everywhere is per sqft. Does shape affect price?
My backsplash wall unfortunately is not straight. I would like template
to be made to follow the wall so that countertop will match the wall
exactly. Also do cuts, for instance for sink cost extra?

3. Finally, is granit the same from any distributor or it differs? If
it is the same everywhere what else except color affects the price
which I see varies from 45$/sqft to more then $100/sqft.

4. what else should I put attention to when buying granit countertops?