Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon Robert Gammon is offline

Default Hydronic loop sizing

Steve Barker LT wrote:
We're getting ready to build a new detached shop and we're going to "tube
up" the slab for radiant heat. Could you give me the links to the sites you
are looking at? I need an online supplier for the tubing and as much
education as possible. We are going to do this ourselves. Hopefully we'll
drive it with solar panels in the future.

www.ourcoolhouse.com

Radiant loop is powered by a ground source heat pump

The issue with solar is daytime use only. Detached shop OK. Maybe not
out there every day. Probably not out there before sun up, and probably
back to the house before or shortly after sun down.

Be sure to check out insolation rates for where you live and size the
number of collectors to be able to meet a target 70F approx slab temp in
winter.