Posted to alt.home.repair
jimbob jimbob is offline

Default Rewiring and junction boxes

After reading your responses it seems that there is nothing inherantly
unsafe or wrong about using junction boxes. The problem seems to be
creating inaccessible splices that could fail later on and be difficult
to find. Also using a lot of j boxes can make a simple circuit
unecessarely complicated and hard trace later on. It's just not neat
work. Looking at the wiring I have done so far there are a few j
boxes where the cable could have just as easily been spliced in the
outlet box. Those will have to go. There is one j-box however that
makes connecting a few outlets on a longer more difficult run much
easier. This one will stay. In the future, I will try to avoid
overuse iof j boxes and make sure if I do use them that they will be in
areas that will stay accessible. Thanks for the help.