Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Phone wiring question: RJ11 to RJ45

In article ,
wrote:

In fact, a note or sign in the box is a
good idea even for people with rj11 demarcs, for the same reasons, along
with a piece of tape over the incoming feed wires or connectors. You never
know if the next guy to open the box will be up to speed on what is going
on.

Excellent advice.

As a local telco tech, my first experience with VOIP was VERY confusing.

With the home disconnected from us at the SNID, I discovered dial tone coming
FROM the inside of the home. Huh? It had a strange, foreign telephone number
working on it, too. Very weird.

Anyway, this was while reconnecting a customer that found satellite-driven
VOIP performance was unacceptable enough that he was giving it up and
returning to a POTS land line.
--

JR