Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default flooring / how big is 20 squares (metres)?

wrote:
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 06:15:35 GMT, "ODB" wrote:

Hi all,

I have been looking at a house, they are quoting it as 20 metres/or
20 sqaures.

I always get confused how this is calculated for the purposes of
changing the floor.

It is a decent size single storey house, lounge room is 5m x 5m, 3
bedrooms 3x3, kitchen plus 2 bathrooms.

Are the hallways and bathroom/kitchen included in that 20?

Can anyone shed light on how these realtors work?

Thanks!

Put it in English (American) measurements and maybe one of us can help
you. Metrics dont work for construction, and floor tiles come in 12
INCH (one foot) squares. I suppose in metric countries the tiles are
277.23095433333333cm or 34086.92100673476094573377784mm or some such
nonsense.

You said your room is 5m x 5m. Is that 5 miles by 5 miles or what?
Thats a huge room.

Oh wait, that might be 5metrics by 5 metrics.

Either move to America or toss your metric rulers in the garbage and
leg).

If all else fails, a dollar bill is 6 inches long, use that to
measure.... Oh wait, you dont have dollar bills you probably have
pounds, which makes no sense at all because there is no dollar bill
that weighs anywhere near a pound.

You can learn how to read a ruler HE
http://www.woodzone.com/articles/Read_A_Ruler.htm

My ancestors moved to America to avoid goddamn metrics.

I don't think I would say bad things about my ancestors like that.

Lets see 10mm = 1cm etc. Or 12 inches = 1 foot, 3 foot = 1 yard
1753.33 yards = 1 statue mile (nautical miles are different) how many acres
in a sq mile? add in rods, oz, pounds, quarts etc. What an illogical mess.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit