Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default flooring / how big is 20 squares (metres)?

ODB wrote:
Hi all,

I have been looking at a house, they are quoting it as 20 metres/or 20
sqaures.

I always get confused how this is calculated for the purposes of changing
the floor.

It is a decent size single storey house, lounge room is 5m x 5m, 3 bedrooms
3x3, kitchen plus 2 bathrooms.

Are the hallways and bathroom/kitchen included in that 20?

Can anyone shed light on how these realtors work?

Realtors could either add internal area of each room or just take
perimeter of house. Area should only include heated space which means
unheated basements and garages are excluded. Either way, don't believe
realtors! Look around and compare. What size rooms suit you. What you
have described is small by American standards but might be big in UK.
Frank