Posted to uk.d-i-y
Justin Time Justin Time is offline

Default Getting making tape off upvc windows

I put masking tape on new upvc windows to protect them as the house as just
been rendered and I can't get the damned stuff off. It never peeled off in
one go , just bits of it. Have tried hot soapy water... not helped a bit.
Nail polish remover, no effect. Petrol works but very slowly and I'm sure it
is softening the upvc as well. It has took me and the wife approx 2 hours to
do one window sill. I have the stuff all over six windows and door frame.
Is there a product I could buy or some magical formulae.
Also tried a new stanley blade, that dosn't work.

Any advice appreciated.