Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Spurs off a ring main

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:59:15 +0100 someone who may be The Natural
Philosopher wrote this:-

Sorry, I thought we were talking about a ring circuit. Yes, on a spur it
will - but that's why you're not allowed more than one double socket on
a spur!

What about a switched fused spur?

Then that part of the circuit changes from an unfused spur to a
fused spur. On a fused spur one can do all sorts of things that are
not allowed on an unfused spur.

Of course on a fused spur one must put one's finger in the air and
evaluate the likely diversity of loads on the spur. Otherwise it may
become something of a nuisance when the protective device operates
frequently. One also has to look at issues of the earth loop
impedance of the cable size.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh