Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Tile over plywood

"Bob S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Steve B wrote:
I want to put a two foot strip of tile around my wood stove at my cabin.
It
is going to go on top of plywood or particle board, or whatever wood is
under the carpet.

Do one use an adhesive or grout to get the tiles to stick to the wood?
Or
adhesive, then grout the joints. And what keeps the grout joints from
working loose as the floor flexes? Is there flexible grout?

Steve

I did the same thing at my cabin. I put down 1/2" ceramic tile over
plywood , glueing it down with construction adhesive, grouting the
joints, then trimming the outside edges with quarter round. Been in use
for 12 years now with no cracks of any kind.

Bob

A friend I just had dinner with said the same thing. This guy is a retired
contractor. That's what he said. Put it down with Mastic or Liquid Nails,
leave space for grout, grout, then trim it out with carpet capping.

Steve