Posted to alt.home.repair
Randy Cox Randy Cox is offline

Default sidin falling off, need some help.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I've been having some problems lately with a small piece of siding that
was cut like a pyramid that goes on the peak of the wall.

It keeps falling. Iput it and lock it properly and it seems secure but
after awhile it falls.

I am starting to get tired to have to climb to the roof to put it back
again.
Is there a way that I can fix that thing for good?
I thought of using some screws at the bottom to hold it against the
other siding panel, but it wouldnt look good.

I also used some silicone to see if it would glue with no luck.
What else can be done sort of nailing/screwing the damn piece?

Thanks.

Use one nail at the very top. Use an aluminum nail with a very small head
or a galvanized wood shingle nail with a small head. Just don't use a
regular nail unless you'd like a rusty streak running down the wall. Take
the piece of siding to an artist friend and get them to mix up a bit of oil
paint to color match. Put the dab in a zip-lock bag and store it in a
freezer until you are ready to paint the nail.

If you just can't get yourself to nail it, then try a little double stick
carpet tape applied to the inside lock of your piece or the lock to which it
engages on the panel below it.

Randy R. Cox