Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Eric is offline

Default doorbell

My house was built in 1996, i bought it in 2003. Its a nice place and today
i replaced the doorbell button with a decorative thing my wife bought.
Well, when i took off the old button i had about 1 inch of wire sticking
out. There is no more in the wall because the fools who wired it ran the
wire between the siding and the plywood sheathing. I got it done but...
This got me to looking around a little closer at the rest of the house. They
really skimped on the outlets too. Why not put telephone and electrical
near where any possible head of the bed will go (usually only two walls
will be reasonable for bed layout), and on both sides so you can have night
stands where you want? Or how about cable tv on the opposite walls? During
contruction this is so easy and cheap to do, but most places i see are so
poorly planned electrically it just amazes me. Most are just barely code
and a lot are not.
Eric