Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default Rewiring and junction boxes

"Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
doing this is a #1 no no in some electricians eyes. You've created a
series circuit so to speak and if that outlet were to go bad or come
loose, then you loose the power downstream also. Pigtailing is the
quality way of doing things.

I understand that a lot of people like pigtailing, but I don't see why a
properly-installed screw terminal would come loose any more easily than a
properly-installed pigtail...

Or maybe I'm just lazy g. In any case, I've NEVER seen a pigtailed
circuit done in a case where they could have just done a daisy-chain. Even
the circuits that were installed by professional electricians.

-Tim