Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Buffalo, NY Celebrates Friday the 13th

"Pat" wrote in
oups.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Toller" wrote in
:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Got your home storage? And does that include heat, light, shelter,
shovels, medical, and so on? Buffalo gonna need a lot of repairing.

Buffalo, NY, has been shut down.

We didn't get any snow at all in Rochester. Was it lake effect off
Erie, or a storm that went north?
I suppose it will all melt in a day or two, but that will just cause
flooding.

Not in Buffalo.they have pretty good drainage;right into Niagara River.

I wish you all well.

That much snow,it HAS to be Lake Effect.
But I saw the weather radar recordings on the local Orlando news,and the
storm went right up Lake Erie,thus;yes,lake effect.

Perhaps the beginning of an interesting winter?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Amherst is flat and full of clay. It'll be trouble when it melts
because is will probably melt fast.

I'm down in the Southern Tier. All I can say is "better you than me".
I was in the Hudson River Valley when the ice storm hit in Oct. of 87
or 88.

I used to live in Tonawanda,grew up there,and Amherst,Cheektowaga,and Depew
were well-known to me. Lockport,too.
(I just can't remember the name of that bar in Lockport on Transit just
north of Millersport....had many good times there.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik