Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H. R.H. is offline

Default What is it? Set 136

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:29:28 GMT, "R.H."
wrote:

797. One of the functions of this multi-tool is a can opener, but I

don't
know if the wrench is for a specific purpose. I haven't had time to

search
the patent date.

Hi Rob,

I'll save you the trouble, it is patent number 286,458.
"Combination Tool: for houshold use".

Claims:

Vise
Nutcracker
Wrench
Pliers
Tack puller
Pruner
Wire cutter
Can opener

Link:

http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat286458.pdf

I had to look it up, so I didn't think it was all that fair
to post an answer right away.

Thanks! And also thanks for discovering the patent numbers for both of the
quoins (number 795 and 763). I've showed number 795 to a lot of people and
thought I was never going to find out what it was.

I updated the answer page for number 763 with a link to the patent:

http://pzphotosan131g-2.blogspot.com/

I'll see if I can put something together about searching via
classes sometime soon (per the other thread/question). It
takes some work and learning and isn't for the impatient or
faint-of-heart

Sounds good, whenever you have time to post some tips, I'd appreciate it.

Rob