Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default Bent Laminations

"Teamcasa" wrote:

"alexy" wrote in message
.. .
Lew Hodgett wrote:

alexy wrote:

I've thought about that, but how is it for creep? My impression is
that UF and epoxy are better in this regard. But maybe that's academic
in my relatively low-stress project?

SFWIW, For the price of Gorilla Glue or equal, you can add maybe 10%
and get epoxy.

There is no comparison between epoxy and Gorilla Glue.

Thanks, Lew. I wonder what the trade-offs are between UF and epoxy?
Sounds like you are a "fan" of epoxy, but there are always tradeoffs.

Lew LOVES epoxy (and must have stock WestSystems). He suggests it for
virtually every fix where an adhesive is used. Since he works on boats, its
a natural choice. For the rest of us, we get to use several diffrent glues.

And his love of epoxy may be well founded--in its many formulations it
is wonderfully flexible. But I still believe that there are tradeoffs
in selection of any construction material or technique, and I'd like
to see some discussion to form the basis of an informed choice.