Posted to rec.woodworking
roemax roemax is offline

Default safe winter heating

Hi Troy
I have made a set of barn doors which close over the insulated roll-up
garage door.
These doors are insulated w/3" ridged insulation.I have somewhere around a
30+ r-factor.
The shop itself is 2x4 construction with 8 foot ceiling ,with heavy
insulation
Shop size is 32x22 and is heated with a Monitor kerosene heater.Monitor also
makes a gas version.
I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER
I used less than 100 gallons last winter,heated all the time at least to 50
degrees
when working sometimes heated to 70 degrees.

this is in central Maine

"Troy" wrote in message
I'm wondering with winter roaring in, whats the safest way to heat my
refrigerator of a 2-car garage. It has roll-up doors so theres some gap
there. It's insulated on some walls and not on others, and covered
with 1/2" plywood. It has about a 6" "flue vent" from the previous
owner where apparently they used to have a wood stove, but now that
would be in my office space, so not much help to the shop itself.
I'm still working on a good dust collecting method, but with sub-zero
temperatures coming I really don't want to freeze my fingers off.

Troy