Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default problem with brand new steam/hydronic heating system

The heat exchanger is a tank with a coil in it and uses two circulators. One
circulator moves dirty boiler water through the coil in the tank and back,
that one would get clogged if there was to much sludge. The other circulator
moves the heat exchanger tank water through the heating pipes and back into
the tank

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ups.com...
If the heat exchanger is for the hydronic baseboard, I don't know how
sludge can be an issue since the water for the baseboard is seperate
from the boiler water. I had this set-up in my old house.
I had another house with a different set-up. I had a steam boiler with
hydronic baseboard in the basement. All I did was tap into the return
line for the boiler, ran a loop in the basement and put on a
circulator.
Both of these set-ups required hooking up an aquastat to make sure that
when the baseboard calls for heat, the water is at least 180-190
degrees.

also a few questions:
Where is the baseboard in your house? Basement, upstairs?
Does the steam part heat OK?