Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Toilet slowly draining

On 14 Oct 2006 05:46:02 -0700, "Jacob" wrote:

The water level in the tank and the bowl are not experiencing a drop at
all. everything seems to be sealed well. I noticed that when you pour
water into the bowl you can hear it trickling out into the drain.
could it be that there is too much water in the bowl?

too much water.... scratching head water is self leveling, and
since the bowl is open at the outlet, I think any 'too much water'
will just exit, and the bowl will only settle at one level.

If you don't see any flushing problems, then maybe you have noisy
pipes. This might be beyond any NG reply, if it's bothering you,
maybe getting a professional to look at it will help you out.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Tom The Great wrote:
On 13 Oct 2006 05:01:18 -0700, "Jacob" wrote:

I just reinstalled my fully functional toilet, with a new wax seal.
after the toilet is flushed and the tank fills up, you can hear water
draining into the drain pipe. the toilet flushes fine. it sounds like
someone pouring bottled water into the pipe. I am thinking that the
drainage from the toilet to the pipe is being restricted by wax. is
this possible and do i need to reinstall the toilet or will the wx
eventually wear away? thanks.

Jacob

imho:

Are you noticing any drop in tank water level?

I was told that if you drop in a few drops of food coloring in the
tank, and then look in the bowl after a while, it becomes very easy to
determine if you have a leaking valve/seat.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info