Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default Maytag washer cold water inlet

glassartist wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say the "new tube seems ok".
Did you replace the hot and cold water fixture? Or supply line? The use of
the word "tube" makes me think you replaced the hoses. If there is a kink
they can cut off, like grabbing a garden hose and squeezing can do.

I would do as Chris suggests and check for debris. Whenever you change
water things, even small pieces of rust and grit can wreck havoc with the
fittings. Bleed the line, check the screen (if there is one), make sure
when you push the equipment back into place that the hose isn't smashed
between the washer and wall, constricting the flow of water.

It is usually something simple that we are just over looking..., the water
is turned on? Machine is plugged in, etc... Just checking. One day I spent
a rough hour. Turning things on, off, screwing on hoses, sliding machinery
around and at some point the water was turned off and I just spaced and
felt like a dweeb when I realized that there was no water because I had
not turned it on! Good luck.

Thanks. The one thing I haven't checked is blockage in the cold water
valve itself. Getting at the back of the washer is hard, but I'll have
to do it. I'm hoping I find the screen clogged because everything else
is expensive!