Bruce L. Bergman

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a regulator

On 17 Jan 2004 20:56:41 GMT, (Engineman1) wrote:

Years ago I worked for the 3M Co. in their complex in St. Paul MN. It covered
about 3/4 sq. mile and had about 18 buildings. I had just completed a 2 yr.
company funded AC&R course. Even before that I was an evangelical supporter of
the law of conservation of energy (and matter). The company came out with a
program saying that whoever could come up with a program that would save the
company money, they would reward the person with a generous amount of the
savings. I went over to the boilerhouse and saw 3 - 5000 HP steam turbine
driven R-12 compressors which were delivering a huge amount of liquid
refrigerant at 175 PSI through an orifice to almost atmospheric.

snip

Reality check: R-11 or R-12? They use R-11 in huge centrifugal
compressor chiller systems like that, and R-12 in automotive systems.

I read that far and went "what's wrong with that statement?..."

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545