Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Marking boundary in Tarmac.

In article , Dave
Fawthrop writes
My new neighbour, with whom we have cultivated good relations by lending
him tools etc. etc. has renewed his side of the ?joint? tarmac drive.
The boundary was marked by the remains of the lone gone fence. Which is
now covered by tarmac to a few of inches on my side, which is a great
improvement so I am not complaining, but I have apparently lost a few
inches of land. I had previously marked the boundary at both ends by
chisel marks in concrete, so a bit of string will tell me where it is.

Has any one any good ideas as to how I could re-mark the boundary?
I was thinking of whacking thin line with a bolster.

I've heard it suggested here to mark a boundary with steel rod (16mm?)
whacked deep into the ground with a little (50mm?) left poking up as a
visible indication. Whacking the rod in deep (600mm?) means nobody can
move them in a hurry so the boundary is safe.

For yours, how about 16mm x 400mm stainless rod whacked in flush every
300-600mm along the line. Ok, stainless rod is expensive so how about
some long stainless coach bolts instead, 6-9quid for 10 at screwfix and the
domed looks the biz.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=12962 (M10x130) or
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=16746 (M8x150)
Maybe resined in too to stop them moving, either accidentally or on
purpose.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla