Posted to uk.d-i-y
Codswallop Codswallop is offline

Default Leak in conservatory

"Rob" wrote:
Hi there,

I bought a conservatory from Camelot Conservatories based in Kent/Essex
6 months ago (please be advised never to use this company as you will
soon see!). Anyway I desperately need some advice. The conservatory is
leaking from the roof, in several places that seems to run in from the
joins in the roof panels. The roof is poly-carbonate with 2 skylights
in it. The company do not give a sh!t whether our roof gets fixed - all
they do is send some idiot round (12 times now!) with a mastic gun who
applies even more silicon but this is not solving the issue.

What we need is what can we do about this. Can we force them to fix the
issue - I do not really want to take legal action due to the obvious
costs we will incur, however we still do not have a floor or furniture
down as we never know when the next leak will develop

Also any idea on what needs to actually be done to fix the roof?
Initially we thought the panels might be too small but we are not sure?
Does anyone else have this problem or has solved something like this??

Thanks for your help,
Rob

A few suggestions: a letter of complaint to the managing director of Camelot
Conservatories, detailing all the leaks and their ineffective attempts to
repair, followed by a meeting to insist on proper repair including
replacement of roof panels if necessary; advice from Citizens Advice and
Trading Standards; estimates for repairs from conservatory repair companies;
free initial interview with a solicitor to discuss options; consider small
claims court route. If you are not willing to get very tough and assertive
in order to get this company to make the roof watertight you might as well
just get another company in to repair the roof and then forget about it.
Life's short.