Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Does anyone know of a good way to transfer a paper pattern

In article k.net,
Greg Murray wrote:

Does anyone know of a good way to transfer a paper pattern to a piece of
steel to be cut with a plasma torch? With wood I have seen a pounce wheel
and a bag of chalk used. I have a number of craft designs in the computer I
want to cut out of sheet steel. I would appreciate any economical
suggestions. Thank you in advance.
Greg W Murray

I do this all the time.
I print out sheet metal plans on my E size pen plotter and use spray
adhesive to bond it directly to the metal.

Cut through both paper and metal with the plasma cutter.
Spritz the pieces with some acetone to lift off the paper and adhesive.