Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Tsao Chris Tsao is offline

Default Why are condo prices so inexpensive in the best areas of the city of Chicago?

That's not cheap, that's a lot of money IMO. Seven years ago, for not quite
50% more, I bough a decent house on 1/4 acre in a very hoity-toity Chicago
suburb.

Plus I know that area, its not the heart of Chicago. The "heart" of town
starts about 5 miles south of there. That area is still "Grandmasville",
those buildings are loaded with retirees.

Thank you. I will find out where the heart of Chicago is and make that
the number one candidate. Retirees don't sound like something I'd like
to be around all the time. For some strange reason, Chicago seems to be
the cheapest of all major cities to buy apartments in. Yet IMO, it's
one of the most desirable.