Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buffalo, NY Celebrates Friday the 13th

Got your home storage? And does that include heat, light, shelter,
shovels, medical, and so on? Buffalo gonna need a lot of repairing.

Buffalo, NY, has been shut down. As much as two feet of heavy, wet
snow. Power cut to as many as 350,000 people. State of emergency, no
travel. The snow started some time yesterday, and has
finally shut the area down. At 4 PM on Friday as I write, the NYS
Thruway is closed from exit 46 (Henrietta) to 59 (near PA line). Which
is about 100 mile stretch of road.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_4359.aspx

I found out when I went to a local (to me) hardware store. They were
sold out of generators. I find out that they had been selling one
every 10 minutes.

A couple friends of mine live on the north edge of the city, in
Amherst. I'm certain they do not have any backup heat, except maybe
the burners on the stove. They may have a candle or two. Yes, I
telephoned, but got no answer. Most likely the telephone is also out.
I'm still trying to contact them to see what I can do to help. Of
course, that's hard to do with no telephone. If you have friends in
that area, please check and see if they are OK.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.