Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Garbage Disposal Repairable?

Mark Sparge wrote:
Got home last night to find one of the dog's Nylabones jammed in the
disposal (don't ask -- I don't know). I managed to turn the disposal
(hex key underneath) until the bone popped free. Removed bone, reset
the breaker and turned on the disposal.

Horrific racket.

Shut everything off and managed to get the "hammers" spinning freely
and tried again.

Horrific racket.

Something is apparently broken inside the disposal, but it runs
(horrific racket).

I'm reasonably good with tools. If I can disassemble the thing and
find what's broken, are repair parts available (it's a Kenmore if that
helps)? OR!!! Does anybody have any other good ideas what
might be wrong with this thing.

TIA,
Mark

I would never waste my time trying to fix one that I could not fix
without disassembly.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit