Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead Craven Morehead is offline

Default where to buy cheap polystyrene foam board?

This does beg the question...when shipping styrofoam, what does one use for
packing material? Ground up printer parts?
"jackson" wrote in message
. ..

"peter" wrote in message
I want to buy about a dozen pieces of polystyrene foam board to tape to my
windows/doors/fireplace as temporary insulation for the season. Home
stores sell them: 1.5 inch x 2 feet x 4 feet for $4. This seems pretty
expensive, consider this is what most people throw out after unpacking a
boxed product. OK, the ones sold by home stores have an extra plastic
sheet (vapor barrior) and R-factors printed on them. I can live without
these extras.

Where can I buy foam boards at lower price? I don't need the vapor
barrior or R factor.

What part of the world are you in, I've got a stack of the stuff going
into the garbage this weekend......