Posted to alt.home.repair
Jacob Jacob is offline

Default Toilet slowly draining

I have not noticed a drop in the tank water level. I will check it out
though. thanks

this seems to be something that is happening only for about a minute
after a flush and that's it.

Tom The Great wrote:
On 13 Oct 2006 05:01:18 -0700, "Jacob" wrote:

I just reinstalled my fully functional toilet, with a new wax seal.
after the toilet is flushed and the tank fills up, you can hear water
draining into the drain pipe. the toilet flushes fine. it sounds like
someone pouring bottled water into the pipe. I am thinking that the
drainage from the toilet to the pipe is being restricted by wax. is
this possible and do i need to reinstall the toilet or will the wx
eventually wear away? thanks.

Jacob

imho:

Are you noticing any drop in tank water level?

I was told that if you drop in a few drops of food coloring in the
tank, and then look in the bowl after a while, it becomes very easy to
determine if you have a leaking valve/seat.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info