Posted to alt.home.repair
ng_reader ng_reader is offline

Default where to buy cheap polystyrene foam board?

"jackson" wrote in message
. ..

"peter" wrote in message
I want to buy about a dozen pieces of polystyrene foam board to tape to my
windows/doors/fireplace as temporary insulation for the season. Home
stores sell them: 1.5 inch x 2 feet x 4 feet for $4. This seems pretty
expensive, consider this is what most people throw out after unpacking a
boxed product. OK, the ones sold by home stores have an extra plastic
sheet (vapor barrior) and R-factors printed on them. I can live without
these extras.

Where can I buy foam boards at lower price? I don't need the vapor
barrior or R factor.

What part of the world are you in, I've got a stack of the stuff going
into the garbage this weekend......

Yes, you might try craigslist or freecycle.org, both good websites.

But, perhaps you might want to review your penny saved penny earned
methodology (no offense).