Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default Rob offers his apologies.

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Moreover, I know how to observe Reality as it is. Let's examine just a
few of great moments of the Islamic hit parade from the general area of
Araby (though not all the people involved were Arab, all were Muslim)
from the past few decades:

- Pushing an old man in a wheelchair off a cruise ship to his death.

- Murdering a bunch of Israeli athletes in the 1970s.

- Weaponizing children and other civilians to deliver terrorist
attacks by suicide.

- Intentionally (as opposed to accidentally during time of war)
targeting civilians for slaughter.

- Bombing diplomats and embassies.

- Buying slaves from African Mauretania (and possibly Somalia).

- Running what is believed to be the largest white slavery
ring of young Western women anywhere in the world, pretty
much all of whom were kidnapped and are raped more-or-less
daily.

- In all the Arab/Israeli conflicts to date, something less than
100,000 people have died - military and civilian. In the same
period of time, approximately 3 *million* Muslims (you know,
The Religion Of "Peace") have killed *each other* ...
and then tried to pin the blame on the West, Israel,
or any other boogeyman they thought would stick.

- Precipitating wholesale slaughter of the Kurds.

- Persecution and even murder of Christians living in their lands.

- Brutal beheading of non-combatant Western civilians.

- Blowing up buildings and airplanes full of non-combatant civilians.

- Targeting the Pentagon (a legitimate target of war by our enemies)
using innocent civilians in the delivery of the weapons.

- Running rape rooms with government sanction to keep the populace
cowering.

- Severely restricting the rights of women up to, and including
giving men the legal right to beat and otherwise brutalize them.

... I could go on (and on, and on, and on ...) but why bother?
If we expand our view to global Islamic tribalism it
gets even more gruesome. Have a brief look at the
Muslims in the former Yugoslavia prior to it becoming
one nation - i.e. During WWII. "Horrific" doesn't
do justice in describing their actions (though, in fairness,
the Catholic Croats were as bad or worse).

Let us consider some Christian actions, during the same period of
time:

- Chaining a man behind a truck and dragging him to his death.

- Planting an detonating bombs that indiscriminately killed civilian
men, women and children during sectarian warfare between
Christian sects in the British Islands.

- Raping and murdering Christian Nuns in el Salvador.

- 'Disapearing' 30,000 people in Argentina, sometimes murdering
parents so that their children could be adopted by childless
Christian elitists.

- Running a major white slavery ring in Eastern Europe primarily
preying on Ukraining women to supply brothels in other parts of
Eastern and Southern Europe.

- Murder and violence especially against Muslim Women in
Azherbeijan.

- Murder torture rape of both sexes and arbitrary imprisonment
of thousands of fellow Christians and Native Americans in Chile.

- Murder torture and arbitrary imprisonment
of thousands and seizure and destruction of land in an effort
to eradicate entire Native American ethnic groups in Guatamala.

- Mass murder of Muslim men and mass rape of Muslim women
in Bosnia.

- Assorted other crimes against humanity throughout the Yugoslav
civil wars.

Most of those actions above were ostensibly motived by
intollerance of Christians for other Christians (e.g. authoritians
vs liberation theologists), or non-Christians, or other sorts of
bigotry common to, though not by any means exclusive to, \
Christians

If you want to consider purely politically motivated wars by
Christians then:

- I'll not try to estimate how many Christians have killled people
in wars since the early 1970s, but if we go back to the start
of the 20th century it is a fair bet that Christians killed tens
times as many as have the Muslims since then.

- Don't you agree that the predominantly Lutheran and Catholic
Germans, who supported the Roman Catholic Austrian, Hitler,
and the Catholic Italians are primarily responsible for WWII in
Europe? If you 'credit' half the toll to the atheist Soviets,
that still leaves 20 million or so to blame on the Christians.

- Then there is WWI to consider.

OTOH, consider the actions of _some_ Christians, like the Amish
in Eastern PA who recently etablished a charitable fund to provide
assistance for the widow and daughters of the man who murdered
several of their own daughters.

Or the Sufis in general.

I would not make the mistake of assuming that religion is
inherently evil. But evil men may turn it to their desires as
easily as good men do.

--

FF