Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OFF Topic but Important !

wrote:
One might add that Chavez has been very generous in helping folks with
free heating oil ...

Not really much at all in the overall scheme of things. A few here and
there for the political advantage, not at all motivated by actual
humanitarian objectives says the cynic in me...

I'm quite sure Citgo will claim the deduction from the the taxes...

Should there be more government subsidizes for fuel? Personally, very
mixed emotions/thoughts on that. Some are deserving, undoubtedly, but
in general there are social programs and other assistance programs in
place through a myriad of federal, state, local governments as well as
private charities, church and other non-profits and the (heavens!)
utility companies themselves. OTOH, there are many who simply use any
excuse to avoid/shift their own responsibilities to others. 'Tis a
quandary...