Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default OFF Topic but Important !

barbarow wrote:
The Venezuela government, run by dictator Chavez, is the sole owner of Citgo
gas company. Sales of products at Citgo stations send money back to Chavez
to help him in his vow to bring down our government.
Please decide that you will not be shopping at a Citgo station. Why should
U.S. citizens who love freedom be financing a dictator who has vowed to take
down our government?
Alert friends and family; most of them probably don't know that Citgo is
owned by the Venezuela government.

Oil and gas are global commodities. Boycotting a certain brand of gas
will affect the producers very little since oil and gas is traded
globally at well established prices. A producer has many options for
where to sell product. Regardless of my personal opinion that man has
the as much right to ridicule and demean Bush as anyone else. Calling
him out publicly and threatening boycotts only further publicizes his
opinions and gives them more credibility. The U.S. government has
chosen to ignore him for these very reasons.