Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Stepping in one area causes furniture to wobble

Any suggestion as to what is going on here and how I can possilby fix
it?

Living in an old house requires learning the art of shimming. I'd say
there is space between the floor and the floor joist. If you have a
basement, no problem, if you have a crawl space and are slim and
athletic, no problem. Get a package of wood shims and a hammer and
flashlight, get an assistant to tap on the spot, fill the gap. If,
however you are on slab, disregard this post.