Posted to comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
Johnny Boy Johnny Boy is offline

Default Yet another reason to avoid PartMiner

"Aly" wrote in message
news
"larwe" wrote in message
ups.com...
I stopped using PartMiner years ago, when they closed down all free
access to datasheets.

Today I received an email from PartMiner which says, in essence, "our
core business model is unprofitable, so we are now professional
spamwhores. Your contact details are being sold to anyone we can find
who will pay us a nickel":

If you would like to receive business or career related offers
from PartMiner Information Systems, you do not have to respond
to this e-mail. You can easily unsubscribe each time you receive
an e-mail from us if you don't find the information worthwhile. To
unsubscribe now, please scroll to the bottom of this e-mail for
instructions.

This "vendor" should be boycotted.

I agree with this. I outright refuse to use suppliers that expect ME to

pay
for their advertising material. Maplin is one them, wanting £5 for a
catalogue. RS are so stingy with their catalogues it's unheard of, you'd
think they'd be giving them away on every street corner when you see their
prices. After LOADS of arguing I lost interest, they sent them eventually
by UPS/TNT? to a rural country location taking 3-weeks of further

cock-ups,
such that I had absolutely no faith in anything I ever ordered getting to
me. The catalogues went in the bin.

Buy our products *AND* buy our sales merchandise. Use *OUR* delivery
service that *WE* have a cut price contract with, even if it'll never get

you because the drivers are too lazy to even bother.

This methodology wouldn't work at my local Indian Restaurant I'm sure.

I was going to reply with some sense, but why bother with effort on
these deals - just tell PartsMiner to go and get stuffed. In fact, tell them
nothing, just move on. There are plenty of other parts suppliers just
waiting for real business, you don't need these arseholes - just boycott
them. RS are no better. I have an account with them, but, in fact, even if
you have an account, they're not interested
.... Johnny