Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default 3 inches VS. 4 inches wide Hardwood Flooring

wrote:
Hi,
Any opinion on 3 VS. 4 inches wide Hardwood Flooring? The 4 inch is
little more expensive and I heard from none woodworker it looks better.
I try to put some Brazilian Cherry and I can get 3 inches wide any time
while 4 inches are special order. Wider wood would cup more and shrink
more than narrower, but is there any concern for Harwood floor and 1
inch difference?

I have 4" Red Oak flooring and it seems to cup more than the
I3" flooring. But my Mom has 'random' width oak flooring,
not sure if it is red or white, 3 - 5 inch that has stayed dead flat.

The difference I think is that mine is over an unheated crawlspace,
hers is over a heated basement.

--

FF