Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Set 136

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

796) A "modular phone plug" model RJ-11. (RJ-13 is the six-conductor
one, and RJ-45 is the eight conductor one, which is used for
twisted pair ethernet among other things.

Actually, the "RJ" numbers are wiring patterns for specific
applications, not the connectors. They are named *p*c, for the number
of postions and the number of conductors.

A somewhat narrower version is used for handset cords for phones
of a certain age.

That is the 4P4C wired as a four conductor handset cord. The one in
picture 796 is the 4P4C, as used for handsets.

http://www.levitonvoicedata.com/learning/wiring.aspx is a link to some
common RJ numbers.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.