Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Cost to install a new gas dryer (old one broke)

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 02:07:06 GMT, CJT wrote:

mm wrote:

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:45:59 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

At those prices maybe I should have
been a plumber!

The plumber finishes the job and gives him the bill and the customer
says, "I'm a surgeon and I don't make this much money."

The plumber says, "I know. I didn't make as much either, when I was a
surgeon."

This is not to say the bill was reasonable. The OP should see if a new
valve was installed, and then could call another plumber and ask what
his price would be.

Then he could call the plumber who did the work, and say he thinks
there was a mistake on the bill, blah, blah, blah. If he says, I
think your rates are criminal and he wants a refund of part, the guy
will just get angry. I've never tried my plan either, but you never
know.

The time for that kind of thing is BEFORE the work is done.

Of course, and others had already said that, but before is gone and
after has begun.