Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Any chance I can clean out my own oil furnace?

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:11:31 -0400, mm
wrote:

Any chance I can clean out my own oil furnace?

Maybe I should have said that I called my fuel oil company and, of
course, they're booked for a month, and said they would call when
there was a cancellation. But I'm not first on the list. And it's
going to be down to 40 tonight. Now I'll be fine tonight, but it
seems like this is a good time to see if I can clean it myself. I
don't want to start up with another furnace or oil company just for
this cleaning. I should have had it done over the summer, but I'm
getting better. This time I called 10 days ago, when it wasn't even
cold.