Posted to rec.woodworking
Smaug Ichorfang Smaug Ichorfang is offline

Default 5" Magnifying Lenses : Looking for Design Ideas

I have 8 (maybe ten if I can find the other 2), 5" magnifying lenses.
The lenses come off of bench top light/magnifiers that are used for
assembly and inspection. ...
Your ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Make sets of camera obscura. I did this almost 20 years ago, but out of
cardboard boxes that would slide past each other to focus the image. You
can build them straight, or with a mirror, make a right-angle camera. They
are great for atr students - a way to "cheat" and copy an image or scene.