John Johnson

Default Guns on Planes

OK, so we fit all the passengers with explosive neck collars that detonate
upon entry to the cock pit. (:

Dave Mandate wrote:

Greetings and Salutations....

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:36:54 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

Steve Mulhollan wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:18:25 +1300, Tom wrote:

"A Sudanese man armed with bullets was being questioned
by anti-terrorist police last night after being arrested
at Heathrow airport hours after walking undetected through
American security in Washington DC.

"Armed with bullets"!!!?????

What kind of idiots are writing this crap?

Makes as much sense as "armed with nail-clippers", or
"waiting for the toilet in a terroristic manner".

Yea...I was amused by that too...and since then,
I have been speculating exactly WHERE those bullets would
be loaded and fired. A number of the pictures in my
head are probably not suitable for family consumption...
but I found them amusing.
As a side issue, somewhat related to the general
goofiness, Dubya showed up here in KNoxville the other
day. The main result was that traffic was a nightmare
in downtown for much of the day. It was kind of amusing
to me, though, to hear one of the protestors say that
OURS was one of the nicer "First Amendment Zones" that
he had been confined to recently. It was within
sight of the convention center where Dubya was speaking,
although there WAS a long row of large buses parked along
that side of the building...so it was almost impossible
to actually SEE the protestors from the building.
I am old enough to remember when the "First
Amendment Zone" was pretty much any place inside the
boarders of the US.
I can't say that I think that the country is
improved by isolating our leaders from even the IDEA
that there might be dissent.
Regards
Dave Mundt