Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default sidin falling off, need some help.

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:49:59 -0400, Willshak

Hi,

I've been having some problems lately with a small piece of siding that
was cut like a pyramid that goes on the peak of the wall.

It keeps falling. Iput it and lock it properly and it seems secure but
after awhile it falls.

I am starting to get tired to have to climb to the roof to put it back
again.
Is there a way that I can fix that thing for good?
I thought of using some screws at the bottom to hold it against the
other siding panel, but it wouldnt look good.

I also used some silicone to see if it would glue with no luck.
What else can be done sort of nailing/screwing the damn piece?

Thanks.

I had that problem on a shed I built. One small panel nail at the very
top point. Depending upon the height from the ground, almost invisible.

Paint over the nailhead.

Any reason not to replace the top chuck with a wooden
plank, with or without a decorative carving?