Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default VCR eat's tapes

On 10 Oct 2006 13:24:21 -0700, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

It eats tapes only sometimes, usually when I stop it. Problem is, that
it doesn't have a rubber idler or any belts. so where should I be
looking.

If your VCR chews tapes when the cassette is ejected, then it could be
that the brake pads need replacing. What normally happens is that the
brakes are applied after the tape is retracted into the cassette
housing. If the brakes slip, then some slack remains outside the
housing and the cassette flap closes over it on the way out.

- Franc Zabkar