Colin Swan

Default Pitched roof angle

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:45:02 +0100, Lawrence
wrote:

When I had an extension done I thing the pitch was 22.5 degrees. Done
to fit under an upstairs window. Try ringing local building control
tend to be very helpfull. Will probably also depend on the tiles.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:32:32 +0000 (UTC), "Trevor Smith"
wrote:

Could anyone tell me the minimum angle for a pitched, slated roof. We have
a flat felted kitchen roof at present and I'd like to change it to a
pitched, lean-to, type roof for better looks and relaibility. Also, does
location matter - we're in a seaside town on Cornwall where you tend to get
horizontal rain!

It depends on the roofing material. My kitchen extension has a pitch
of 17.5 degrees, and it had to have special roof tiles that worked at
that pitch (which had a minimum useable pitch of 17.5). The tiles had
to be laid with a certain overlap, and the architect was so paranoid
about the angle that he specced trussed rafters, much to the builder's
annoyance.

Suggest you find a suppplier of slate tiles and ask them about pitch.

---
Regards,

Colin Swan