Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Clever scam

I suspect that there may be another scam around which I haven't met
before - I was working at a friend's house when the phone went and it
was a Reverse Charges call - I said No because I couldn't think of
anyone likely to phone him that way, and it did turn out that he has
received another one of these recently - and refused it too.

Not sure how the economics of it would work out but they are bound to
be against you !

Rob

Stuart Noble wrote:
This is a new one on me, and maybe I would have fallen for it.
Card through the door from XYZ Couriers. We tried to deliver a package
etc. Ring this number to arrange delivery. You can guess the rest, top
rate premium number.
Given that everyone is expecting a delivery from somewhere these days,
it looks like being a lucrative scam for a while.