Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default ELECTRICAL SERVICE PANEL HUNG TODAY

MRS. CLEAN wrote:

I did the POA from a form I found online, then I had it notarized and
delivered to my agent.

I will never pay an attorney. But, maybe I should let you in on a
little truth: I have a law degree, practiced 20 yrs, but for the last
15 yrs have worked with disabled children.

I seem to recall an old saw about an attorney who represents him/herself
having a fool for a client.

Chris Lewis wrote:

According to MRS. CLEAN :

Again, and one more time, never get an attorney for stupid stuff like
that.

Do it yourself!

Ah, but here, it's not just wills. There's also two kinds of
power-of-attorney you have to do.

I think we got our money's worth, and managed to avoid some
pitfalls that weren't obvious.

Certainly, doing it yourself works. Most of the time. But you never
know when something unusual will happen, and having a teensy bit of
legal advice can save your family a lot of unnecessary grief later.

[As one study pointed out that most of the time "legal will kits"
and such wouldn't stand up to serious challenge if someone in
your family decided to get nasty.]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est